How to make a paracord dog leash?
Published on April 2nd 2015 by Madhulima Acharya under Pets
There is nothing more fun than taking your adorable dog for a nice walk in the park. However, it might become a bit difficult to enjoy such an activity if your four-legged companion is on a loose leash. As a paracord dog leash has several advantages over other ordinary leashes, it can be made at home.
DIY 4-strand round braid paracord dog leash
- Two strands of 550 paracord of different colors (yellow and blue) – 16 feet each
- Plastic clip
- Metal D-ring
- Fold the two strands to form loops at the center and lay them under the metal D-ring
- Place the ends of the cords over the ring and pass down through the loop
- Bring the left-hand yellow strand over the left-hand blue strand
- Place the right-hand yellow strand over the right-hand blue strand and left-hand yellow strand
- Bring the left-hand blue strand over the left-hand yellow strand
- Take the right-hand blue and lay it on the right-hand yellow strand and left-hand blue strand
- Repeat this pattern until 10 inches of loose cord remains below
- Fold the unbraided ends around to the main body of the leash
- Attach the paper clip to the leftmost loose yellow strand and pass it through the braid
- Interweave all the loose ends of the strands into the braid to form the handle
- Trim the excess strands with scissors and use the lighter to melt the edges
Purchasing a dog leash from stores is a costly affair. Moreover, it might not have a high quality or durability. Making a sturdy, and long-lasting dog leash with a paracord is always feasible.
One response to “How to make a paracord dog leash?”
Leave a Reply
DIY: Healthy Homemade Cat Food Recipes Give occasional treats to your loving pet cat with the best nutritious homemade dishes, rather ...
9 Best Homemade Natural Mouthwash Recipes Smile more; talk more to your friends confidently trying these mouthwash recipes! Bad breath is ...
How to make Homemade Hair Pomade Applying pomades right after a bath can prevent your hair from becoming dry and frizzy. ...
Homemade Tooth Powder Prepare your own tooth powder at home for healthy gums and teeth. The recipes given ...
How to make Wool Dryer Balls As the name suggests, wool dryer balls serve the same purpose as plastic PVC or ...
Do you sell diy dog leash kits