DIY: How to Make Homemade Toothpaste
With our teeth directly affecting our digestive system, dental health is important to consider seriously while using our toothbrush and toothpaste every morning and night to keep our teeth healthy and danger-free, without which we might suffer good by bacteria affecting us with lots of hazards!
‘Saying cheese’ would add an extra smile at that with a couple of rows of healthy teeth. Our 32 good, old friends, Starting from our incisors to bite through, to the canines to cut through barbequed foods, or the premolars and molars to munch them before devouring all those sumptuous dishes, or even our ‘sweet tooth’, if any! Hence a crude toothpaste would actually serve the worst for our natural sets of teeth, not to mention the hazards of opting for removing our natural ones and opting for false pairs! We at goingevergreen again support and help you to stay natural and ‘toothy’ throwing out your colgates and pepsodents and be with us and stay fit and healthy!
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 1
–Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe
- Calcium powder – 5 parts
- Diatomaceous Earth (optional) – 1 part
- Baking Soda – 2 parts
- Xylitol Powder (optional, to keep away the bitter taste) – 3 parts
- Coconut oil (for desired texture) – 3-5 parts
- Essential oils (optional, for flavor, like mint, cinnamon and orange)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract, Myrrh and Trace Minerals (optional)
How to make whitening Remineralizing Toothpaste
- Take all the powdered ingredients (calcium, baking soda, xylitol) and mix well. If you are using calcium tablets, you can grind them in a processor, or else, dump them in case of capsules.
- Pour in the coconut oil, a little amount every time, until the desired texture is achieved.
- Then after, add the optional ingredients like the essential oils.
- Store in a small container, or even in a small plastic bag, with an end cut off so that you can squeeze out like normal toothpastes.
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 2
-Homemade Toothpaste Recipe with Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil – 6 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 6 tbsp
- Essential Oil (as you prefer, like eucalyptus, grapefruit etc.) – 25 drops
- Stevia – 1 tsp (or you can add more if you want sweeter)
How to make organic coconut oil & baking soda toothpaste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. You can use SmartStick to whip the ingredients thoroughly for giving it a light creamy texture.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and seal it up until it is ready to use.
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 3
–Homemade Clay Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay – 1 ½ tbsp
- Distilled Water – 2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil, melted (melting point: 76° F) – 1 tbsp
- Sea Salt (if your enamel is sensitive/soft, you can skip this ingredient or use less salt) – ⅓ tbsp
- Baking Soda (You may add this more in the summer time if your coconut oil gets melty. In that case, add more water) – 2 tbsp
- Essential Oil (e.g.: germanium, thieves, peppermint, rosemary, grapefruit, frankincense, tea tree, clove etc.) – 8-10 drops
- Container (like a squeeze bottle or a mason jar) – 1
How to make organic toothpaste with clay
- Make a smooth paste using water and clay.
- To this, mix all other ingredients.
- Store this in a toothpaste container or a mason jar.
- If you use table salt, use less, because it is much more salty.
- Do NOT store this in a metal container. The negatively-charged ions of the clay will react with the positively-charged ions of the metal and will make the toothpaste toxic!
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 4
–Homemade Toothpaste Recipe with Coconut Oil and Clay
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
How to make homemade toothpaste with coconut oil and clay
Just stir together all the ingredients together and pour the whole content in a clean jar and store. Use as and when required. Simple!
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 5
–Homemade Baby Toothpaste Recipe (for kids)
(* your kids would surely love this)
- Bentonite clay powder – ¼ cup
- Non-GMO xylitol – 2 tsp
- Unrefined sea salt – ¼ tsp
- Filtered water – ½ cup
- Sweet orange essential oil – 10-12 drops
- Vanilla essential oil – 5-7 drops
How to make homemade toothpaste for your baby
- Boil a little more than ½ a cup of water (since some of it will evaporate).
- In a non-metallic bowl mix sea salt, xylitolwell and bentonite clay well.
- Now, pour the ½ a cup of the previously-boiled water into this mixture and mix well with a non-metallic spoon, until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add essential oils and mix a little more.
- Cool the mixture and store in a tight-lid glass jar or squeeze tube for future use.
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 6
–Homemade Whitening Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite clay – ¼ cup
- Boiling water – ⅓ cup
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Xylitol – 3 tsp
- Peppermint extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
How to make homemade whitening toothpaste
- Mix the salt and the clay in a glass or wooden bowl.
- To this, add the boiling water and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Add rest of the ingredients together and mix thoroughly again.
- Store in an airtight jar.
Natural Homemade Toothpaste – 7
–Homemade Natural Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay – ¼ cup
- Boiling water (better if purified) – 3/8 cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Stevia – 20-25 drops
- Peppermint (or Spearmint) essential oil – 12-15 drops
- Tea Tree essential oil – 5-7 drops
How to make homemade natural toothpaste
- Pour the powdered clay in a bowl and add the salt.
- Add some boiling water to this.
- Mix the clay with the help of a hand mixer until it is homogenously mixed throughout, and it is ready to use!