How to Lower Electric Bill
Published on April 26th 2017 by Madhumita Talukder under Green Living Ideas
This visitor is invariably regular and yet its arrival every month is seldom looked upon with glee. Yes, it’s our soaring electric bill that’s a reminder of how we waste such a precious blessing of science in the name of heedless luxury.
So isn’t there any way to lower our electric bills? Skim through the article to know how.
Ways to Lower Energy Usage at Home and Save Money on Your Electric Bill
|Oven and Microwave||
Some More Easy Tips and Ideas to Save Electricity
- Install electric ceiling and attic fans that keep your room cool by circulating air.
- Use LEDs instead of incandescent bulbs and tubes as they consume 90% less energy than others.
- Opt for solar energy panels to cut your monthly electric bill down to about 90%.
- Buy energy star certified products as, being energy efficient, these can help in significantly decreasing electricity bills.
- Install an electricity saving box to lower the amount of energy used by all your appliances.
- Keep storm windows and blinds closed so the sunlight can’t heat up the rooms too quickly, especially during summer.
- Teach your kids to unplug appliances when not in use to prevent excess drainage of energy.
- Use a power strip to use the power outlet for multiple devices like television, sound systems, computers etc. This helps save electricity.
Imagine one sultry day suddenly all electrical appliances stop. The agonizing reason? Why you have not been able to pay the mammoth bills on time. As sweat drips from your forehead constantly, you become conscious, how by being a little careful earlier, you could have prevented such a catastrophe. Hence, be vigilant about your usage and let the sight of your electric bill bestow you satisfaction always.
Leave a Reply